Friday 20 February 2015

WHERE TO BEGIN?

Hey dolls!

Wow... My first ever blog post. Starting a blog is something I've been thinking about doing for a while, I've read so many other blogs giving tips on starting your own blog, but none of them suggest what to do for a first post. I did debate for a while do I go straight in with an ordinary blog post or do I introduce myself?
After a fair bit of going all the way back to first posts on blogs (and feeling rather stalkerish in the process), I decided to introduce myself, despite the fact I have no one to introduce myself to. Hopefully that will soon change.

So my name is Meg, I'm a 19 year old pre-school assistant living in good old Essex. I hate initially writing about myself or talking about myself as it makes me realise how boring I am as I can never come up with anything! So here are 11 things I think you should know about me:
1, I love all things pink, girly, and sparkly
2, I spend way too much time watching youtubers and reading blogs, Trisha Paytas is my all time fave
3, My two dogs Macy and Marley are my babies
4, I love a good 80s movie, The Outsiders is my favourite
5, I love a good Nicholas Sparks book (I also love the films, but not as much as the books obvs)
6, I tattooed myself with a safety pin and biro pen aged 14.. and again aged 15! Got my first real ink aged 17, and now have a total of 5 
7, Giraffes are my favourite animal and I love the zoo
8, My favourite song is The Scientist by Coldplay (but I prefer the Glee version.. I'm obsessed with Glee)
9, My style icon/beauty icon/general woman crush would be Carrie Bradshaw, Kylie Jenner, or Jennifer Aniston
10, I love girly chick flicks. Especially Bridget Jones' Diary. Which I'm watching now
11, I can't say no to a good night down the pub with my friends, usually ending with an embarrassing story the next day

So there you have 11 things I think you should know about me.

When the thought of starting a blog even crossed my mind, I did consider creating a beauty blog. I know, there are 101 beauty blogs out there, and as I did my research (exploring new blogs) a lot of bloggers suggested having a focus on your blog e.g. beauty, fashion, diy. So I thought to myself why limit myself. Why put myself in a box. I'm going to blog about whatever the fuck I want. I already have a list of ideas that I'm so excited to share with you. 

Leave me a comment, let me know what you think of my first post, introduce yourself to me, and let me check out your blog!

Love Meg xo