Sunday 24 May 2015

A SUNDAY KIND OF LOVE

I love Sunday. It's my favourite. Some are productive and busy, others are quiet and chilled, either way I always look forward to them. Being new to blogging, writing posts isn't something I'm finding easy at the moment, so in an attempt to add a little consistency to my blog, I'm starting my first series. A Sunday Kind of Love will be posted every Sunday evening, and will be how I've spent my Sunday, where I've been, what I've done. So here we go..


I woke up with a really good feeling about today. I'm not sure why as I didn't have anything planned, but I did. My mum and brother were doing a car boot sale this morning, and my sister was in her room most likely watching The Walking Dead, so essentially I had the house to myself. My duvet and I made our way straight down to the sofa and had a look at what movies were on Sky. Grease. Classic. My favourite since I was 5 years old. My favourite line is when Frenchie asks Doody how she looks at the dance and he replies "like a beautiful blonde pineapple", my favourite song is There Are Worse Things I Could Do.

After Grease I thought the dogs could do with a bath. Neither of them would come in the bathroom so I set up salon in the back garden. I started with Macy as she's so chilled out, lead on, lead attached to the bench. Bucket of warm water, dog shampoo, 5 towels at the ready, and The Offspring's Greatest Hits playing. After getting rather wet myself, one dog is bathed. So I put a flower headband on her and take a picture (see below). Marley's turn. Now he's not a fan of being on a lead. I attach him to the bench and go inside to get the jug I was using, Marley follows, with bench, think the table incident in Marley & Me. As he is a rescue dog and although I've had him nearly 2 years, I'm always very aware of what I'm doing around him has he hasn't had the best past. I've never washed him before, mum usually does that, I was surprised at how well behaved he was! Dried him off, put a bandana on him, and took a picture (again, see below). After cleaning up my makeshift dog grooming salon it starts to rain. Good timing Meg!

Top Left: Macy watching Grease,
Top Right & Bottom Left: Marley after his bath,
Bottom Right: Macy post bath not loving flowers in her hair!

Snuggled back up on the sofa, doing a bit of internet window shopping, I put The Other Woman on, a film I've seen multiple times, but never gets old. Followed by Sex Tape, followed by Love Actually (another favurite). I don't even care how many films I've watched this weekend (Tangled on Friday night and Tammy & Grown Ups 2 on Saturday night). You really can't beat a roast dinner on a Sunday, and my nan makes the best! However I wasn't at my nan's today, so mum's had to do. It was alright, but nowhere near nan's. Onto my fifth movie of the day, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. From the age of about 16, Bridget Jones has been totally relatable. Find me a young woman who can't relate to her. Also Hugh Grant and Colin Firth end up fighting in a fountain, what's not to love!

Moving on, the Sunday end goal. Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I'm not even ashamed, and it's not a guilty pleasure. I will openly admit, much to the amusement of my work colleagues, I love the Kardashians. Anyway, tonight is part one of the Bruce Jenner special. I've just finished watching it with my mum and I'm not sure what to say. I didn't realise they were showing part 2 tonight and my sky box hadn't recorded it. Thank god for +1! Obviously growing up with the Kardashians in the limelight they are a massive part of today's society and culture, and although I don't know Bruce personally, I felt emotional watching him talk about his transition, I can't relate to him or his situation in any way, but I feel he really is an amazing human being. He is inspirational and will pave a huge way for transgender men and women everywhere. He is one brave and heroic soul.
I'm off to watch part 2, you can check out his interview with Diane Sawyer here.


Meg xo