Tuesday 26 May 2015

SUMMER WEDDING GUEST OUTFITS

Being a part of such a big family, there is always some kind of event/party to look forward to. My nan and her 6 brothers and sisters (all except one have at least 2 children) are real Londoners, so the importance of family has been instilled in my cousins and I since birth, part of that being you show up for others and look your very best! I have 2 family weddings to attend in the next year, along with a friend's wedding this Saturday. My main concern, what do I wear?! I've put together 4 outfits that I think would look amazing at a summer wedding, and I hope they inspire you whilst looking for a killer outfit! 

Look One


Kimono- New Look | Cami- New Look | Jeans- River Island | Clutch- New Look | Shoes- New Look | Watch- Michael Kors via John Lewis

I love this outfit and plan on wearing this to a wedding on Saturday as I'm only attending the evening reception so I feel black isn't too inappropriate. I mostly wear black so like the pop of colour the kimono adds without being too bright. I would pair it with a black cami and black skinny jeans rolled up, my all time favourite jeans are the Amelie super skinny jeans from River Island. As much as I wish I were, I'm not a heel person! However at 3 inches, these heels are comfortable and versatile. I strongly dislike clutch bags (and may not use one at all) but would definitely stick with plain black. Pictured is the Michael Kors watch I own and I jump at the chance to wear it, so that will definitely make an appearance! I'll be painting my nails either nude or baby pink, and go with a baby pink lip gloss. If I had the bank account, I would throw on a couple of yellow gold Cartier Love Bracelets (a la Kylie Jenner), but sadly I can't, so would probably keep the jewellery to my watch and maybe some gold stud earrings. 

Look Two


So I'm kind of obsessed with this look. It's feminine, elegant, and summery. If the dress wasn't the same colour as my cousin's bridesmaid dresses, I would wear this to her July wedding. Not being a fan of white accessories (I personally think they look quite tacky), I found these gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff heeled sandals in blush. Choosing a clutch was difficult as there weren't too many in pale colours I was keen on, I do love this RM clutch in seashell, but would prefer it in blush to match the shoes. Watches add an air of class to an outfit, so I went with a rose gold Kate Spade watch with understated crystals. This watch has definitely been added to my wishlist!

Look Three


Putting this outfit together was tricky, as soon as I saw the dress I loved it, but trying to accesorize was a challenge! I kept the whole thing simple with nude strappy sandals, and no other accessories. I didn't want to take focus from the dress with a snazzy clutch, but I wasn't loving any of the simple nude clutches so I didn't include one. However, the fact that the dress has pockets totally makes up for it. I mean, you're at a wedding, you're not going to need much are you? Lipstick/gloss in one pocket, phone in the other! I would definitely wear this to a day wedding in the summer.

Look Four


Wearing a maxi-dress to a wedding is something I feel you should be very careful about. Too casual and you look like you've just stepped off the beach, too formal and you look like you should be at a ball, the perfect inbetween will usually be similar to the bridesmaids' dresses! I also think the venue of the wedding should be considered when choosing a dress. I think this gorgeous floral Jessica Wright dress would be perfect for a more formal or glamorous venue or an evening wedding. I had a hard time deciding which colour to draw for the accessories, whilst I would definitely go with deep purple in the autumn/winter, the focus of this post is summer, so I went lilac. I chose an understated lilac heel, and a beautiful silver clutch, elegant with a princess feel.

What will you be wearing to those special occasions this summer?  

Meg xo